If before the problem was how to dress in the morning to go to the office, for coffee with friends or an aperitif at 18, now with the situation we are experiencing we spend our time mostly at home. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have to take care of ourselves anymore. In fact “It is not necessary to be hyper formal, but switching from ‘home’ to ‘work’ mode is very important to concentrate, and clothing plays its part” advise the experts of Methodos, a consultancy firm specializing in processes of change management.
So how should we dress to concentrate better and make our brain understand that even if we are on the sofa, we still work? A solution could be given by our beloved Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and The City: she was a freelancer journalist and most of the articles / books she wrote were made at the kitchen table. For example:
1. WEAR COMFORTABLE FABRICS: wool turtleneck, a cashmere suit, a ribbed knit suit;
2. PAJAMAS YES, BUT WITH STYLE: wearing pajamas is not a ban, as long as it is something in silk and not the one with the puppets for the night;
3. CHAMBER CLOTHING: like pajamas, a silk dressing gown is ideal for feeling impeccable women of power even from one’s sofa;
4. MAXI CARDIGAN: a wraparound maxi cardigan that makes us feel warm (after a while standing still at the pc it feels cold);
5. NEUTRAL COLORS: at home it is better to focus on warm and neutral colors such as beige, white and camel. Let us leave the blue and black for the office;
6. ACCESSORIES: strange to say but an accessory such as a headband, a necklace or a pair of earrings, can deceive the mind and forget that we are at home;
7. SHOES: obviously the house slippers are fine, but if we want to complete our smart working outfit let’s do it well and we also wear a pair of shoes like mules can be. A little heel that makes noise like the beloved pumps at work.