Stone Island and New Balance met with the idea of creating a footwear collaboration that will be released in several drops over the next few years. The brands are renowned and known for the research and functionality that characterizes them.Strengthened by a historical identity and a rich archive, the duo intends to create an image of shared values. The first Stone Island x New Balance drop is scheduled for the end of 2021.
“Our collaboration with Stone Island is not only based on performance and innovation but also shared values such as craftsmanship and top quality products,” said Chris Davis, Chief Marketing Officer of New Balance. He is echoed by Carlo Rivetti,president and creative director of Stone Island. “There are few brands that can be defined as iconic. New Balance is iconic for its consistency throughout its history, for its vision and for the infinite passion with which it creates its products. Always to respond to the needs of the final consumer. “
In fiscal 2020 (November 2019 – October 2020), Stone Island recorded a turnover of 240 million euros. Up 1% compared to 2019. In the period, the brand generated 28% of turnover in the domestic market, 52% in the rest of Europe and 20% in the rest of the world. At the channel level, wholesale generated 78% of turnover, while the remaining 22% was caused by the online channel and by a network of 24 directly managed stores.